Levine. J., Chairperson, Wells, S., Jones-Bell, J., Cotton, M., Dannemeyer, D., Evans, M., Karshmer, J., McClendon, S., Mills, J., Parker, N., Przeklasa, C., Roach, A., Schubert, P., Tinker, D., Wooding, M. (2014) Ambulatory Registered Nurse Residency White Paper –The Need for an Ambulatory Nurse Residency Program. American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing. Accessed June 14, 2014. https://www.aaacn.org/sites/default/files/documents/white-paper-May2014.pdf
- Karshmer, J. (1989) Human sexuality. In Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing - The Therapeutic Use of Self. L. Birckhead (Ed.) Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 549-566.
- Karshmer, J. (1988) Health Schemata: Development and Expectancy Effects. Doctoral Dissertation. Las Cruces, NM: New Mexico State University.
- Karshmer, J., Lile, J., Klassen, P. (1998) Research Based Skills Manuals. [Comprehensive, research-based teaching manuals, including: handwashing, vital signs (temperature, respiration, blood pressure) wound care, dressing change, NG tubes, indwelling catheters, application of heat and cold, restraints, backrub, IM injections, positioning, ROM, isolation techniques and universal precautions]. Las Cruces, NM: New Mexico State University, Department of Nursing.
- Karshmer, J. (1989) Nursing diagnoses based patient classification system. Guidelines for Nursing Practice. Las Cruces, NM: Mesilla Valley Hospital Practice Standards.
- Karshmer, J. (1988) Psychiatric Nursing – A practical approach. An eight-part video course for psychiatric nursing staff development used for orientation training at the Mesilla Valley Hospital (Las Cruces, NM) and affiliate hospitals.
- RN Transition to Practice Program. Center to Champion Nurses in America. Reinhard, S., Farmer, P., West, N., Swift, G.,Wilson, D., Karshmer, J. March 27, 2014.
- Harnessing the Power of Community Partners to Change Practice. America Association of Colleges of Nursing, J. Karshmer, J. Jones-Bell, N. West, November 21, 2013.
- Designing & Implementing a DNP Program: Practical Solutions to Practical Problems. A Three- Part Webinar Series. J. Karshmer and C. Stegbauer. America Association of Colleges of Nursing, February 8 and 21, March 30, 2011.
- New Graduate RN Transition Programming: California Informational Web Conference. D. Jones, N. West, J. Karshmer, and C. White. February 22, 2011
- Karshmer, J., Pavlic, D., Ziehm, S., Ong-Flaherty, C., Curtis A., Borges, W. (under review) Embedded Faculty Practice: Promoting a Model for Academic Nursing that Enables Faculty to Link Practice with Teaching, Nursing Outlook.
- Ziehm , S., Karshmer. J., Greiner, P. Greenberg, C., Berman, A., McFarland, P. (under review) Statewide Political Activism for California Academic Nursing Leaders, Journal of Professional Nursing.
- Berman, A., Beazley, B., Karshmer J., Prion, S, Van, P., Wallace, J., West, N. (2014) Competence Gaps Among Unemployed New Nursing Graduates Entering a Community- Based Transition-to-Practice Program. Journal of Nursing Education, 39 (2) 56-61.
- Jones-Bell, J., Karshmer, J., Berman, A., Prion, S., Van, P., Wallace, J., West, N. (2014) Collaborative academic/practice transition program for new graduate RNs in community settings: lessons learned. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 45 (6) 259-264.
- Wallace, J., Berman, A., Karshmer, J., Prion, S., Van, P., West, N. (2014) Economic aspects of community-based, academic-practice transition programs for unemployed new nursing graduates. Journal of Nurses Professional Development, 30 (5) 237-241.
- West, N., Berman, A., Karshmer, J., Prion, S., Van, P., Wallace, J. (2014) Preparing new graduate nurses for practice in multiple settings: a community-based academic-practice partnership model. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 45 (6) 252-256.
- Beal, J., Alt-While, A., Erickson, J., Everett, L., Fleshner, I., Karshmer, J., Swider, S., Gale, S. (2012) Academic Practice Partnerships: A National Dialogue. Journal of Professional Nursing, 28 (6) 327-332.
- Everett, L., Bowers, B., Beal, J., White, Alt-White, A., Erickson, J., Gale, S., Gergely, S., Flishern, I., Karshmer, J., Swider, S. (2012) Academic-Practice Partnerships Fuel Future Success. Journal of Nursing Administration, 42 (12) 554-556.
- Karshmer, J. (2012) Is a Clinical Experience in Maternal Child Health Critical to the Education of Baccalaureate Nursing Students? 2nd Opinion. The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing, 37 (6) 358-9.
- Karshmer, J. (2010) Leadership for Academic-Service Partnerships: A Mandate for the Profession. Nurse Leader, 8 (2) 52-55.
- Seed, M., Torkelson, D., Karshmer, J. (2009) The Clinical Nurse Leader: Helping Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses Transform their Practice. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 47 (10) 8-9.
- Karshmer, J., Seed, D., Torkelson, D. (2009) The Clinical Nurse Leader: How will the role affect psychiatric Nursing? Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 47 (10) 8-9.
- MacIntyre, R., Murray, T., Teel, C., & Karshmer, J. (2009). Five Recommendations for Pre- Licensure Clinical Nursing Education. Journal of Nursing Education, 48 (8), 447-453.
- Hales, A., Karshmer, J., Williams, J, Mann, J., Robbins, L. (2004) Preparing for prescriptive privileges: A standard for the psychiatric-mental health preceptorship. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 40 (3) 93-103.
- Hales, A., Karshmer, J., Montes-Sandoval, L., Glasscock, F., Summers, L., & Williams, J. (2003) The role of the CNS in the public school, Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice, 17 (2) 95-100.
- Klassen, P., Karshmer, J., & Lile, J. (2002) Research-based practice: Applying the standard in nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education, 41, 121 – 124.
- Summers, L., Williams, J., & Karshmer, J. (2001) Integrated behavioral health: A nurse practitioner – Clinical nurse specialist cooperative. The 2001 Sourcebook for Advanced Practice Nurse, 20-22.
- Koenes, S., and Karshmer, J. (2000) Depression: A comparison study between blind and sighted adolescents. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 21, 1 – 12.
- Ford, T., Karshmer, J., Hales, A. (2000) Using standards of Practice and key clinical points for teaching psychiatric-mental health nursing. Nurse Educator, 25 (3) 149 – 152.
- Hales, A., Karshmer, J., Montes-Sandoval, L.,& Fiszbein, A. (1998) Preparing for prescriptive privileges: A CNS-physician collaborative model. Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advance Nursing Practice, 12 (2) 73-81.
- Karshmer, J. and Hales, A. (1997) The role of the psychiatric CNS in the emergency department. Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice, 11 (6) 264-268.
- Karshmer, J. and Karshmer, A. (1995) Hand-held computing in the patient care setting: A pilot project. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 19, 7 - 11.
- Borges, W, Karshmer, J., Summers, L., and (1995) Psychiatric emergency service: Using available resources. Journal of Nursing Administration, 25 (1), 31-38.
- Karshmer, J. (1993) Patient care blueprints: An innovation for comprehensive patient care management. Nursing Professional Reports, Department of Nursing, New Mexico State University.
- Karshmer, J. (1992) Nine rules of thumb to make communications work. Nursing Management, 23 (11), 80I-80P.
- Karshmer, J. (1991) Expert nursing diagnoses the link between nursing care plans and patient classification systems. Journal of Nursing Administration, 21 (1), 31-39.
- Karshmer, J. (1990) Student developed nursing care plans: A doomed educational expectation. Accepted for publication in Nursing Outlook.
- Karshmer, J. (1990) Just say yes. Nursing '90, November 124-128.
- Karshmer, J. (1982) Rules of thumb: Hints for the psychiatric nursing student. Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health Services, 20 (3), 25-29.
- Karshmer, J., Kornfeld-Jacobs, G., & Carr, A. (1980) Causal attributions: Bias in the nurse-patient relationship. Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health Services, 18 (5), 25-30.
- Berger, S., Carli, L., Hammersla. K., Karshmer. J, & Sanchez, M. (1979) Motoric and symbolic mediation in observational learning. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 37 (5), 735-746.
- Karshmer, J. (1978) The application of social learning theory to aggression. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 16 (5-6), 223-227.
- LaMonica, E., and Karshmer, J. (1978) Empathy: Educating nurses in professional practice.
- Journal of Nursing Education. 17 (2), 3-11.
- Kornfeld-Jacobs, G., and Karshmer, J. (1977) A collaborative model for university teaching education and agency staff development. Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health Services, 1977, 15 (11), 15-22.
- Karshmer, J. (1974) Simulations and games as growth group experiences. NBS Publication #395, Simulation and Gaming, June 312-315.