American Alliance for Theatre and Education (Board of Directors as the Director of Research and Publication 2011-2013)
American Society for Theatre Research
International Theatre for Young Audiences Research Network
Imagining America (ASU no longer maintains an institutional membership)
Graduate Faculties / Mentoring History
Graduate Student Committees (* = chair)
• *Kang, Yoona. “Deconstructing the Ideology of Nature and Childhood in Korean Child
• Dobosiewicz, Troy L. "Constructivism in the Acting Classroom: A Comprehensive Approach to Teaching Practical Aesthetics, Voice, and Movement." 2014.
• Giannone, Enza. “But Now You Can See Me: Devising theatre with youth artist-researchers in search of revelations and docutheatricality.” 2014. Arts Research Dissertation Award from AERA
• Kosnik, Craig. "The Adolescent's Voice: How Theatre Participation Impacts High Schoolers and College Students." 2014.
• *Minarsich, Teresa. “Girl-becomings: Girls Theorizing Girlhood through Visual Art, Theatre, and Digital Communication” 2014. Distinguished Dissertation Award AATE
• *Sunni-Ali, Asantewa. "Performing New Afrikan Childhood: Agency, Conformity and The Spaces In Between." 2014.
• *Bliznik, Sean. “Constructing the Youth in Commercial Musical Theatre: An Intersectional Case Study.” 2013.
• Tsai, Yi-Ren. "The Representation of Taiwanese Childhood as Reflected in Taiwanese Theatre for Young Audience of the Taipei Children's Arts Festival 2000-2011." 2012.
• Ikemire, Heather. “Putting Culture to Work: Building Community with Youth through Community-Based Theater Practice,” 2010.
• *Davis Freed, Dena Michelle. “Exploring "The Prodigal Son" through Augusto Boal's Forum Theatre with Seventh-day Adventist academy drama students.” 2009.
• Verner Chappell, Sharon. “Evidence of utopianizing toward social justice in young people's community-based art works.” 2009. Arts Research Dissertation Award from AERA
• *Chappell, Andrew Rees. “Colonizing the Imaginary: Children’s Embodiment of Cultural Narratives.” 2008.
• Romine, Jamie. “Where the West Stays Young: Child Re-enactors in Contemporary Wild West Shows.” Diss. Arizona State University, 2007. Print.
Dissertations In Process
• *Hill, Michelle
• *Trent, Tiffany
• *Schildkret, Elizabeth
• *Schoenfelder, Joseph
• *Waldron, Andrew
MA & MFA Applied Projects/Theses:
Chiara Lovio Michele Cable
*Megan Flod Johnson
*MA social/cultural pedagogy student Dana Keller
*S. Rivka Rocchio