Ruvi is the director of the Academic Technology Support Group within
the UTO Academic Technologies group at ASU. He is an
instructional technologist specializing in web-based teaching and
learning. He has many roles at ASU including the following:
- Director of a cross-departmental team that is responsible for
ASU's Blackboard Learning Management system. He oversees
implementation, administration, support, and training for the ASU
learning platform. This includes support for content capture.
content authoring, synchronous virtual collaboration, and online
- Evaluates emerging technologies and makes recommendations
regarding potential campuswide deployment and support.
- Consults on instructional design and multimedia software
development for special projects.
- Consults on effective use, deployment and support of acadmic technologies
- Develops partnerships with college and deparment level
instructional technology support teams.
- Volunteers with the Conexiones program - a university outreach
program for traditionally underserved children throughout the state
- Volunteers with the Sonia Kovalevsky High School Math Days program
at ASU West - a program that reaches out to girls and encourages
them to follow careers in mathematics and sciences.
- Directed support for the IDEAL learning platform products (based
on Drupal, Moodle, and Sakai technologies).
Ruvi has been a full time staff member with ASU since 1996. He has a
M.Ed in Educational Technology from Arizona
State University and a BS in Computer Science from Indiana University
- Instructional Design and Development
- Online and Hybrid course deveopment and content delivery
- Web design, interface design, usability , accessibility
- Training - in person, web-based, just-in-time
- Support - Support centers, FAQs, online tutorials, train-the-trainers
- Multimedia authoring and post production