Daniel Blake Seiden, Shareholder of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, is Chair of the Phoenix office’s Government Law & Policy group. He focuses his practice on federal, state, and local government relations and governmental matters ranging from political and constitutional litigation to campaign finance compliance and environmental law. Danny advises clients on labor and employment law and serves as legal counsel in product liability, environmental enforcement and remediation, and class action litigation.
Danny has substantial experience in politics and government, having served, among other roles, as Deputy Chief of Staff for External Affairs and Policy Development for Arizona Governor Douglas A. Ducey, Special Assistant Maricopa County Attorney for the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, and as a lobbyist at a Phoenix law firm. While serving as Governor Ducey’s Deputy Chief of Staff, Danny served as director of federal relations and led the Governor’s legislative team. His highlights in government service included:
1. Working on behalf of Governor Ducey to shepherd groundbreaking non-partisan unanimous “Arizona Opioid Epidemic Act” through a special session and participated in a televised panel at AEI on the opioid crisis (http://www.aei.org/events/deaths-of-despair-opioids-community-and-the-economy/)
2. Helping draft language and build coalition and stakeholder support for Governor Ducey’s nationally recognized school safety plan
3. Helping to facilitate the legislative referral of Governor Ducey’s landmark policy victory—a K-12 education funding ballot measure that resulted in $3.5 billion in additional funding for public schools over a 10-year period.
4. Worked to create a bi-partisan, multi-agency, Border Strike Force in cooperation with the federal government, that focused on drug interdiction, human trafficking, and border security.
5. Working with Governor Ducey's Executive Team to remove restrictions on operation and expansion of the innovation economy, specific to ridesharing companies, autonomous vehicles, and crowd funding.
6. Negotiating the clearing of regulatory burdens for thriving Arizona microbreweries.
7. Working on behalf of county prosecutors to restructure Arizona’s Child Protective Services agency.
8. Drafting and successfully advocating the passage of a large restructuring of Arizona’s campaign finance laws.
9. Completing 12-day trade mission to Israel, including a briefing of Prime Minister Netanyahu, with a focus on Water, Innovation and Defense.
10. Completing a 6 day trade mission to the United Kingdom with a focus on Aerospace .
In his volunteer time Danny is heavily involved with international orphan and at risk community projects, most recently in Kenya.
Danny has a bachelor’s degree from Pepperdine University and graduated cum laude from Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law.