Teri Pipe, PhD, RN
ASU Chief Well-Being Officer
Dean & Professor
- PhD - Pennsylvania State University, PA, 2000
Health Policy and Administration with a minor in Gerontology
- MSN - University of Arizona, AZ, 1989
Emphasis in Gerontology
- BSN - University of Iowa, IA, 1985
Current/Recent Grants and Projects
- Phoenix VA Health Care System - Arizona State University College of Nursing & Health Innovation Partnership to Transform Nursing Education and Practice (PAP-NEP) Project (Co-investigator). Funded by Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, VA Nursing Academic Partnerships, 2013-2017.
- The Neural Correlates of Non-invasive Interventions for Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety in Back Pain Patiens: An fMRI Pilot Project, (Co-investigator). Funded by Barrow Neurological Foundation, August 2013-September 2013.
- Coping with Breast Cancer and Long-term Health Promotion: Examining Maladaptive Communication between Mothers and Young-Adult Daughters (Principal Investigator). Funded by Mayo/ASU Seed Grants, January 2010-2011.
- Unrestricted Educational Grant: Professional Development: Oncology Nursing Research (Principal Investigator with Dr. Fonseca). Funded by Millennium, October 2009-October 2010.
- "A phase II trial evaluating two non-pharmacologic interventions in cancer survivors for the treatment of sleep-wake disturbances" (Study Chair with Debra Barton, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN). Funded by National Cancer Institute/North Central Treatment Group Cooperative, September 2009-2011
- "Patient Care Innovation: Assessing the IV Pole Human Factor Interface Design Features for Safety and Mobility in an Acute Care Setting" (Principal Investigator). Funded by Mayo Clinic Administration, 2009-2010.
- Integrative Education and Training Program for Mayo Clinic Nurses: Evidence-Based Practice, Performance Measurement and Informatics (Co-Investigator). Funded by Mayo Clinic Rochester Executive Board, January 2007-2009.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Executive Nurse Fellow, 2014
- Phoenix Business Journal Health Care Hero, 2014
- Leadership Excellence Award, Sigma Theta Tau Beta Upsilon, 2012
- MedSurg Nursing Journal's Research for Practice Writer's Award, 2009
- Excellence in Teaching, Grand Canyon University, 1999
- Phi Kappa Phi, Pennsylvania State University, 1999
- Sigma Xi, 1990
- Sigma Theta Tau Research Award, Beta Mu Chapter