Meân, L. J. Sport as gender/feminist studies. In A. C. Billings (Ed.) Defining Sport Communication (2017).
Meân, L. J. & Herrera, R. Gendered nations: Media representations of the men’s and women’s U.S.-Mexico soccer rivalry. In J. W. Kassing & L. J. Meân (Eds), Perspectives on the U.S.-Mexico Soccer Rivalry: Passion and Politics in Red, White, Blue, and Green, (2017).
Coche, R., Meân, L. J., & Guerra, O. Bicultural stress, soccer and rivalry: How Mexican-Americans experience the soccer competition between their two countries. In J. W. Kassing & L. J. Meân (Eds), Perspectives on the U.S.-Mexico Soccer Rivalry: Passion and Politics in Red, White, Blue, and Green (2017).
Meân, L. J. Foreword, p. ix-xiii (5 pages). In D. Caldwell, J. Walsh, E. W. Vine, & J. Jureidini (Eds), The Discourse of Sport. Analyses from Social Linguistics. (2017)
Fielding-Lloyd, B., & Meân, L. J. Women training to coach a male sport: Managing gendered identities and masculinity discourses. Communication & Sport (2016).
Meân, L. J. The 99ers: Celebrating the mythological. Journal of Sports Media (2015).
Meân, L. J. Managing ideologies and identities: Reporting the Penn State scandal. Sports & identity: New agendas in communication (2014).
- Meân, L. J. Sport websites, embedded discursive action, and the gendered reproduction of sport. The Routledge handbook of sport and new media (2014).
- Meân, L. J. The communicative complexity of youth sport: Maintaining benefits, managing discourses, and challenging identities. Handbook of sport communication (2013).
- Meân, L. J. Discourses, discursive processes, intertextuality, and identities. Journal of Multicultural Discourses (2012).
- Meân, L. J. Empowerment through sport? Female fans, women’s sport, and the construction of gendered fandom. Sport and its female fans (2012).
- Fielding-Lloyd, B., & Meân, L. J. "I don’t think I can catch it": Women, confidence and responsibility in football coach education. Soccer and Society (2011).
- Halone, K. K., & Meân, L. J. Situating sport, language and culture as a site for intellectual discussion. Journal of Language and Social Psychology (2010).
- Meân, L. J., & Halone, K. K. Sport, language, and culture: Issues and interactions. Journal of Language and Social Psychology (2010).
- Meân, L. J., Kassing, J. W., & Sanderson, J. The making of an epic (American) hero fighting for justice: Commodification, consumption, and intertextuality in the Floyd Landis defense campaign. American Behavioral Scientist (2010).
- Mean, L. J. Making masculinity and framing femininity: FIFA, soccer and World Cup websites. Examining identity in sports media (2010).
- Meân, L. J. "Dare to dream": U.S. women’s soccer vs. the World. Opponents: Legendary sport matchups that made sports history (2010).
- Meân, L. J. On the lite side? MillerLite's Men of the Square Table, Man Laws, and the making of masculinity. Sport, beer and gender: Promotional culture and contemporary social life (2010).
- . Sport, Language & Culture. (2010).
- Fielding-Lloyd, B., & Meân, L. J. Standards and separatism: The discursive construction of gender in English football coach education. Sex Roles (2008).
- Meân, L. J., & Kassing, J. "I would just like to be known as an athlete": Managing hegemony, femininity, and heterosexuality in female sport. Western Journal of Communication (2008).
- Meân, L. J., & Kassing, J. W. Fan identities at youth sporting events: A critical discourse analysis. International Journal of Sport Communication (2008).
- H Williams, Lindsey Mean. The conceptualization and measurement of gender diversity. Organizational Research Methods (2004).
- Kassing, J. W., Billings, A. C., Brown, R. S., Halone, K. K., Harrison, K., Krizek, B., Meân, L. J., & Turman, P. D. Communication in the community of sport: The process of enacting, (re)producing, consuming, and organizing sport. Communication Yearbook (2004).
- Kassing, Jeffrey W (Author) ,Billings, A C (Author) ,Brown, R S (Author) ,Halone, K K (Author) ,Harrison, K (Author) ,Krizek, B (Author) ,Mean, Lindsey Jane (Author) ,Turman, P D (Author) . Communication in the Community of Sport: The Process of Enacting, (Re)producing, Consuming, and Organizing Sport. Communication Yearbook (2004).
- Mean, Lindsey Jane (Author) . Everyday discursive practices & the construction of gender: A study at the 'grass roots'. Communication research in Europe and Abroad (2003).
- Lindsey Mean. Identity and discursive practice: Doing gender on the football pitch. Discourse & Society (2001).
- Goddard, Angela & Mean, Lindsey Jane. Language and gender. (2000).
- Williams, H. M., & Meân Patterson, L. J. The effect of team diversity: Does organizational context matter?. 3rd International Workshop on Team Working. London: London University Press (1999).
- L.J. Mean. Sport, identities, and consumption: The construction of sport at ESPN.com. Sports Media: Transformation, Integration, Consumption (0).