Richard Hinrichs, PhDAssociate Professor
Dr. Hinrich's public Web Site
- PhD - Pennsylvania State University, 1982
- MA - University of Iowa, 1978
- BA - Oberlin College, 1975
- Afifi, M. & Hinrichs, R.N. (2012). A mechanics comparison between landing from a countermovement jump and landing from stepping off a box. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 28, 1-9.
- De Witt, J.K. & Hinrichs, R.N. (2012). Relationship between joint velocities and ball velocity during an instep soccer kick. Sports Biomechanics, 11, 382-90.
- Curzon, A.M., Cooper, E.R., & Hinrichs, R.N.
(2010). Effect of seat belt anchor placement on occupant protection in rollover with consideration given to frontal impact.
Technical Paper 2010-01-0524, Society of Automotive Engineers.
Colloca, C.J., Cunliffe, C.,
Pinnock, M.H., Kim, Y.-K., & Hinrichs, R.N.
(2009). Force-time profile characterization of the McTimoney toggle-torque-recoil
technique. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 32, 372-378.
- Kim, Y.-K., Hinrichs, R.N., & Dounskaia, N. (2009).The problem of kinematic redundancy is eliminated by
inter-segmental dynamics during horizontal arm swing.Journal of Neurophysiology, 102, 2889-2899.
Sports biomechanics, particularly in the areas of swimming,
jumping/landing, and locomotion. Ergonomics/human factors with special emphasis on upper extremity repetitive movement disorders including
carpal tunnel sydrome.