Jia Zou is a tenure-track assistant professor in the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering at Arizona State University. She studies the database systems, with a focus on big data analytics and distributed query processing as well as machine learning systems. Prior to ASU, she was a research scientist in the Department of Computer Science of Rice University, Houston, TX, for almost four years. At Rice, she led the development of the first release of PlinyCompute, a distributed object-oriented database, and I also developed Pangea, a monolithic storage system for Big Data analytics. She also worked for I once worked in IBM Research Laboratory in Beijing, China, for almost six years, where she collaborated with notable database researchers. She worked with real-world deployments and applications of distributed systems, like Hadoop, MongoDB, distributed stock exchanges, IBM System Z and so on. Her recent paper was selected for Honorable Mention in 2019 at the 45th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases. She received her doctorate in computer science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in 2008, working on High Performance SIP server.
[New!!!] The Zou group is now recruiting highly motivated graduate and undergraduate students, including 2 Ph.D students for 2020 spring/fall. If you are interested in dramatically improving the performance, security, and autonomy of data-intensive and distributed systems that run in data centers or edge devices for real-world applications, please send your CV to email@example.com.
You can find more information about Zou here: https://sites.google.com/view/jiazou-web/home
I am mostly interested in building and improving data-intensive distributed systems, e.g. database systems, machine learning systems, blockchain transaction systems, and so on, for deterministic performance and decalarative development of various dynamic applications.
1. with Juwei Shi, Chen Wang and et al. Method and Apparatus for Generating Schema of Non- Relational Database. US Patent 10002142B2, 2018
2. with Li Li, Juwei Shi and et al. Resource management in MapReduce architecture and architec- tural system. US Patent 9582334 B2, 2017
3. with Zhao Cao, Juwei Shi and et al. Scheduling and execution of tasks based on resource avail- ability. US Patent 9495206 B2, 2016
4. with Heng Cao, Juwei Shi and et al. Determining location of a user of a mobile device. US Patent 9374800, B2, 2016
5. with Xiaotao Chang, Fei Chen and et al. Method and system for allocating FPGA resources. US Patent 9389915 B2, 2016
6. with Kun Wang, Tianyi Wang and et al. Data processing method, data query method in a database, and corresponding device. US Patent 9471612 B2, 2016
7. with Bo Yang, Juwei Shi and et al. Method and apparatus for processing database data in distributed database system. US Patent 10140351B2, 2016
8. with Arun Iyengar, Su Gong and et al. Methods and systems for highly available coordinated transaction processing. US Patent 9146944B2, 2015
9. with Stephen Heisig, Yanqi Wang and et al. Computer system performance analysis. US Patent 8639697 B2, 2014
10. with Arun Iyengar, Su Gong and et al. Systems and methods for multi-leg transaction processing. US Patent 8601479 B2, 2013