Noe C. Crespo, PhDAssistant Professor
Southwest Borderlands Scholar
- Post-Doctoral Fellow - University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2011
- PhD - San Diego State University & University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA
Public Health (Health Behavior), 2009
- MPH - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Biostatistics & Epidemiology, 2005
- MS - California State University, Los Angeles, CA
Kinesiology (Exercise Physiology), 2003
- BS - California State University, Los Angeles, CA
Kinesiology (Exercise Science), 2001
- Crespo N, Elder J, Ayala G, Slymen D, Campbell N, Sallis J, McKenzie T, Baquero B, Arredondo E. Results of a multi-level intervention to prevent and control childhood obesity among Latino children: The Aventuras Para Niños study. Ann Behav Med 2012: Epub ahead of print.
- Crespo N, Ayala G, Vercammen-Grandjean C, Slymen D, Elder J. Socio-demographic disparities of childhood asthma. J Child Health Care 2011: Epub ahead of print.
- Corder K, Sallis J, Crespo N, Elder J. Active children use more locations for physical activity. Health & Place 2011: Epub ahead of print.
- Elder J, McKenzie T, Arredondo E, Crespo N, Ayala G. Effects of a multi-pronged intervention on children?s activity levels at recess: the Aventuras Para Niños study. Advan Nutr 2011; 2:171S-176S.
- Crespo N, Sallis J, Conway T, Saelens B, Frank L. Worksite physical activity policies and environments in relation to employee activity levels. Am J Health Promo. 2011; 25:264-271.
Community-based interventions, childhood obesity prevention, physical activity interventions, Latino/Hispanic health, health disparities, assessment of physical activity in children and adults, and diabetes prevention.
Current/Recent Grants and Projects
- Clinic/Behavioral Approach to Overweight Latino Youth [Co-I] NIH/NIDDK R01, Elder JP [PI], 2009-Present
- Obesity Prevention and Control in Community Recreation Centers [Co-I] NIH/NIDDK R01, Elder JP [PI], 2011
- Society of Behavioral Medicine, Citation Abstract Recipient, 2008